CREamy masala chicken
This recipe is spinoff of one of our go-to chicken dishes. I’d say it a sort of a fusion of a chicken khorma meets Tandoori Chicken with Gravy. The addition of yogurt, cashews and the tomato chili sauce gives the chicken a rich creamy taste. I’ve used bone-in chicken, but would work wonderfully with boneless chicken too. Do give it a try and let me know how you like it!
1 whole chicken cut(or 2 lbs chicken breast/thigh cubed)
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 cup yogurt
1/4 cup cashews(ground into a powder)
1 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tbsp tomato chili sauce
1 tsp salt(adjust to taste)
Ingredients for Cooking:
3 tbsp oil
2-3 twigs curry leaves
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 cup heavy cream
1-2 sliced green chilis
1. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the marinade and allow to rest for atleast 30 minutes.
2. Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan on low heat for tempering. Add the curry leaves, mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Saute until they slightly splutter.
3. Slowly add the marinated chicken to the pan and sauté.
4. Cover and cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked. Add the heavy cream and simmer on low for another 10-15 minutes until the oil separates from the gravy.
5. Garnish with chopped cilantro and green chilis. Serve with white rice or naan.